[Neurodebian-users] Problem with MIPAV

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Fri Dec 14 03:26:33 UTC 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Landman, Bennett A wrote:
> Mipav 6.0.1 is not stable against our tools. Please release MIPAV 5.4.2 or the current nightly.

our previous setup was to fetch those from
http://www.nitrc.org/frs/?group_id=228
and I see only
    mipav-5.0.0-2010-09-07.tar.gz
as the last one.  Where should we grabbing 5.4.2 from?

> In fact, it would be best if one could choose to have mipav-beta (updated weekly from the mipav version servers) or a stable release mipav-X.Y.Z.

yeah -- it would have been the best ;)

> Now that MIPAV is open source, I don’t think we need to follow all the registration guidelines (which were required under closed source). A READ.ME that says to register on the MIPAV site for support, etc. would be plenty.

If anything I would just try doing quick and dirty update of the package
without removing anything unless really needed.  open source version of
cause would not be under the same burden of registrations/license
confirmations ;)

> Are you in need of the sources? Let me know if you need me to help facilitate source grabbing.

that is ok -- I fetched src for 6.0.1 already
--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences