[Neurodebian-users] Problem with MIPAV

Lorenzo Bandieri lorenzo.bandieri at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 19:01:16 UTC 2012

2012/12/14 Yaroslav Halchenko <debian at onerussian.com>:

>> Well, if I can help in some way (testing? I'm starting to read
>> something about debian packaging, but I don't think I'll be able to
>> package anything in the short term) I'd be glad to.
>
> well -- it might be worth building up from the basic package, and
> resolving issues along the way, e.g. creating a list of which 3rd party
> libraries are used, what versions needed and what are already packaged
> in Debian... I think at some point I had such a list somewhere... can't
> find
>
> btw -- all our packaging is under
> http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-exppsy/mipav.git
> happen you still want to get the sources for that original mipav pkg
>
> so if you care to bite in -- reviewing what is needed could be a good
> start ;)

Thank you, this is what I was searching! As for reviewing the
libraries, I don't know if I am knowledgeable enough for the task - I
have much to read about package building - but I'll give it a try as
soon as possible.

BTW, I've managed to successfully run MIPAV from the 'official'
installer - a temporary solution, but for now it works.

>> root at linux-laptop:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/neurodebian.sources.list
>> deb http://www.neuro.webdisk.com.ua data main contrib non-free
>> deb-src http://www.neuro.webdisk.com.ua data main contrib non-free
>> deb http://www.neuro.webdisk.com.ua wheezy main contrib non-free
>> deb-src http://www.neuro.webdisk.com.ua wheezy main contrib non-free
>
> exactly -- so you could not even install mipav since itis not avail for
> wheezy:
>
> apt-cache policy mipav
>
> would not give you option to get it from http://www.neuro.webdisk.com.ua
>

> you could add a line
>
> deb-src http://www.neuro.webdisk.com.ua sid main contrib non-free
>
> apt-get update
>
> and then you would be able to fetch sources from sid repo

Sorry for this mistake. I need to get some sleep...

>> > but once again -- it would be just a downloader package for binary
>> > distribution of MIPAV prepared by Bennett (CCed) and there is no newer
>> > version seems to be avail on http://www.nitrc.org/frs/?group_id=228
>
>> Indeed, my plan was to modify the package to fetch the binary for the
>> latest release leaving the rest unchanged as far as possible (apart
>> from the name) :) One of the problem I encountered was that I didn't
>> know how to get a url to download the package from...
>
> debian/watch
>
> specifies where to find recent one,

Didn't know about this. Nice.

Thank you for now Yaroslav, if I come up with something I'll let you know :)

Cheers,

Lorenzo