[Neurodebian-users] Workflow problem or VM problem (maybe)

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Fri Jul 20 13:40:17 UTC 2012

well -- then first it is necessary to check

1. either shared folder (where I assume data comes from) is indeed
mounted read/only

2. either it was mounted r/o straight from the start of VM (try touching
some file in it right after booting VM) or got remounted r/o due to some
error -- then there might be informative message in output of dmesg or
in /var/log/syslog

 if it was mounted readonly from the beginning -- check settings in
 virtualbo for that shared folder -- may be you marked it as readonly?
 (iirc there is such an option) and either it has sufficient permissions
 in the original filesystem to write into it