[Neurodebian-users] Many questions regarding FSL

Benjamin Kay benjamin at benkay.net
Fri Mar 16 14:02:11 UTC 2012

A few points:

1. There is no reason to compile FSL or download binaries from the FSL
website. The Debian package for FSL has a history of being up-to-date, and the
FSL package isn't crippled like the AFNI package is.

2. You don't necessarily need the Neurodebian repository. FSL has an official
debian package.

3. Do 'apt-cache search ^fsl'. Note that there are separate packages for
fslview, the atlases, etc.

4. Do 'dpkg -L fsl-4.1'. Note that, by default, binaries are installed to
/usr/lib/fsl/4.1/ and symlinked to /usr/bin/fsl4.1-*. So, by default, to run
'Glm' you would actually have to run 'fsl4.1-Glm'.

5. You can "fix" #4 each time you log in by running '. /etc/fsl/fsl.sh', as
described in the README. You can "fix" this for all users by running:
sudo ln -s /etc/fsl/fsl.sh /etc/profile.d/fsl.sh
sudo sh -c "echo /usr/lib/fsl/4.1 > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/fsl.conf"