[Neurodebian-users] Fwd: Problems installing NeuroDebian 6.0.6 as VM

Jane Klemen janelette at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 21:09:34 UTC 2012

Yeah, I'd gotten that bit, was a bit unsure about the host, but now it's
running - thanks a million!

Do I understand the link you sent me correctly and I now need to make this
change permanent by changing .bshrc?  The link you sent said to simply
change

http_proxy=http://yourproxyaddress:proxyportexport http_proxy

while just now I had to provide my username and password as well.
Cheers!

On 30 October 2012 16:42, Yaroslav Halchenko <yoh at dartmouth.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Oct 2012, Jane Klemen wrote:
>
> >    Hi Yaroslav,
>
> >    Thanks for the quick reply.� I tried
> >    sudo -s
> >    echo 'Acquire::http::Proxy "http://[[user][:pass]@]host[:port]";' >
> >    /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99_proxy
>
> you have missed an important line that you need to adjust above line up
> to your proxy specifications -- I simply do not know them.  So just edit
> that file now (or just that command line and run it again) with the
> information of your proxy
>
> --
> Yaroslav O. Halchenko
> Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
> Dartmouth College, 419 Moore Hall, Hinman Box 6207, Hanover, NH 03755
> Phone: +1 (603) 646-9834                       Fax: +1 (603) 646-1419
> WWW:   http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik

Click here <http://www.donatetobreastcancer.org/janeklemen> to sponsor me
as I train for Ironman Austria 2012 and fundraise for Cancer Research UK!