[Neurodebian-users] [Neurodebian-upstream] Increasing Community Involvement in NEST Development

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Thu Sep 20 12:11:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-09-20 at 06:19 -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> I had impression that there was packaging already...  A secret
> sauce...  So we just need to hold our breath for a bit longer

Indeed, there are some packaging materials already available from my git
repository, but I ceased to work on them, because the old license was
preventing me from getting it into Debian:

http://git.zaytsev.net/?p=nest-packaging.git;a=summary

The problem though, is that it no longer works with the latest
(unreleased) version and also has multiple other issues.

For instance, multipython hosts are not supported, and same applies to
multi-mpi hosts (support for OpenMPI is hardcoded).

Once the GPL version is released, this packaging can be updated (or
re-done from scratch), but I don't know how do you do multi-python and
multi-mpi properly on Debian, so I'd need some help with that.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev