[Neurodebian-users] Help for installing NeuroDebian repository, server pgp.mit.edu connection refused

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Thu Apr 11 12:53:59 UTC 2013

also this might be of help
http://neuro.debian.net/faq.html#what-means-the-following-signatures-couldn-t-be-verified

When you start using this repository, you probably get warning messages like this:

The following signatures couldn't be verified because
the public key is not available.

Or you will be asked questions like this over and over:

WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
Install these packages without verification [y/N]?

This is because your APT installation initially does not know the GPG key that is used to sign the release files of this repository. It is easy to make APT happy again. The simplest way is to install the neurodebian-keyring package that is available from the NeuroDebian repository. Alternatively:

    Get the key. Either download the repository key from here or fetch it from http://wwwkeys.pgp.net (2649A5A9).

    Now feed the key into APT by invoking:

    apt-key add #file#

    Where #file# has to be replaced with the location of the key file you just downloaded. You need to have superuser-privileges to do this (either do it as root or use sudo).

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org