[Neurodebian-users] Problem with dcm2nii

Kirsch, Peter Peter.Kirsch at zi-mannheim.de
Wed Apr 24 13:28:58 UTC 2013

Hi again,

I now found the reason for my problem.  (it always takes a long time until I find time to revisit such problems). I just post my finding for the case that anyone else experiences the same problem and searches for a solution. The crude behavior (wrong number of dicom files found) is only observable when the dicom files are stored on a samba share. When converting locals files, everything works on Ubuntu as fine as on other distributions. It’s independent of the dcm2nii version (true for NeuroDebian and Centos Version) . Seems that it’s neither a direct dcm2nii problem nor a NeurDebian version problem but an interaction between dcm2nii and Ubuntu. Both, dinifti and mriconvert find the correct number of files (and dinifti works with IMA).

Best, Peter