[Neurodebian-users] mrview crash

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Fri Dec 6 13:58:55 UTC 2013

On Fri, 06 Dec 2013, romain valabregue wrote:

> Hi here are more precisions

> apt-cache policy mrtrix
> mrtrix:
>   Installé : 0.2.11-1~nd70+1
>   Candidat : 0.2.11-1~nd70+1
>  Table de version :
>  *** 0.2.11-1~nd70+1 0
>         500 http://nd.zetatech.org/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

eh -- so it is wheezy... works for me on such a box just fine :-/

> romain at tac ~ > strace -f mrview 2>&1 | tail -n 100

nothing obvious there unfortunately.  quick google lead me to the
following recipe you might like to try running, although since  we
haven't provided -dbg package it might not be as useful :-/

# from http://goldendict.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2310&sid=84be66f6afaad1ab89aaa499f2566c0b&start=10
1. gdb mrview
2. break main
3. run
4. break _XError
5. set _Xdebug=1
6. cont
7. bt

and then report backtrace back... if no names are there we would need to
provide you a build with unstripped binaries, or you could build it yourself

# enable deb-src sources in your /etc/apt/sources.list.d/neurodebian.sources.list
# sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep mrtrix
apt-get source mrtrix
cd mrtrix-*
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="nostrip noopt" dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -rfakeroot
cd ..
sudo dpkg -i mrtrix*deb

and repeat above gdb session

--