[Neurodebian-users] Condor and Neurodebian

Arman Eshaghi arman.eshaghi at me.com
Sun Dec 29 06:17:35 UTC 2013

Dear all,

We are in the process of migration from CentOs servers to Debian servers (to include Neurodebian in our lab). We have been previously using SGE as grid engine that worked fine, although it was painful for the admin. I can see a nice tutorial on Neurodebian website http://neuro.debian.net/blog/2012/2012-03-09_parallelize_fsl_with_condor.html that works great on one machine. The tutorial, however, does not mention anything regarding a typical shared lab server and multiple nodes to work together. To further consider Condor on our Neurodebian servers, I have the following issues:

1- Does Condor work with other softwares such as Freesurfer and more generally with any shell script (so users can submit custom shell scripts, or even Nipype python parallelization)?
2. I would be much grateful if anyone can point me to a tutorial webpage for configuration of servers (admin host in SGE terminology) and other nodes (execution hosts in SGE terminology) so that multiple nodes can work together.

Thanks in advance

All the best,
Arman