[Neurodebian-users] Condor and Neurodebian

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Sun Dec 29 08:41:38 UTC 2013

Hi Arman,

I personally don't use Condor, because I have a preference for SLURM and
otherwise stick to TORQUE for primitive setups, but...

On Sun, 2013-12-29 at 09:47 +0330, Arman Eshaghi wrote:

> 1- Does Condor work with other softwares such as Freesurfer and more
> generally with any shell script (so users can submit custom shell
> scripts, or even Nipype python parallelization)?

It certainly does, see here for examples:

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/quick-start.html

> 2. I would be much grateful if anyone can point me to a tutorial
> webpage for configuration of servers (admin host in SGE terminology)
> and other nodes (execution hosts in SGE terminology) so that multiple
> nodes can work together.

I would say that the official manual would be your first stop:

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.0/3_2Installation.html

https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToAdminRecipes

The Debian packaging provided by NeuroDebian makes installation a lot
easier, so be sure to first look into the documentation of the package
and shipped pre-configured presets before doing it all on your own, but
it's still useful to have an idea of what the manual setup would be
like, so that you can understand how to customize the presets...

HTH,

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev