[Neurodebian-users] Condor, USB and KeyboardIdle problem

Kaj Wiik kjwiik at utu.fi
Mon Feb 18 12:10:20 UTC 2013

Hi!

Perhaps better place to ask would be condor-users but as this is a
linux-specific and probably debian-related problem...

Is there already a fix to the problem that USB keyboard/mice atime is
not changed and so keyboard/mouse activity is not detected? I found that
in the standard Neurodebian setup, activity detection does not work
out-of-the-box (unfortunately from an affected user...).

Google gives three possible solutions (from 2008): kernel patch
(uugh..), monitoring ttyN (does not work currently at least in Ubuntu)
and an user-space helper deamon:

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/htcondor-users/2008-February/msg00112.shtml

Has there been any progress on this I have missed?

Cheers,
Kaj