[Neurodebian-users] can not install packages in Jessie

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Sat Apr 12 11:33:53 UTC 2014

On Sat, 12 Apr 2014, Lorenzo Bandieri wrote:

> let's wait for someone more experienced than me to reply, but looking
> at your output it seems to me that fsl-5.0 requires tk8.4, which is
> currently not in jessie.

> >The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> > fsl-5.0-core : Depends: tk8.4 (>= 8.4.7) but it is not installable
> >                Depends: tcl8.4 (>= 8.4.7) but it is not installable

> https://packages.debian.org/sid/tk8.4
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/tcl8.4

> In the top right corner, you can see that these packages are just in [
>  squeeze  ] [  wheezy  ] [  sid  ].

> From what I could gather from a rapid google search, they have been
> removed from jessie because they are old and superseded by newer
> versions [1]. I think this situation will eventually be fixed (but
> maybe I got it all wrong, so let's wait for Michael or Yaroslav to
> correct me in case I'm wrong!).

I think you got it right, Lorenzo, thanks!

> If you need urgently fsl on your jessie machine, have you considered
> setting up a virtual machine with debian stable and the neurodebian
> repository enabled? Neurodebian offers virtual machines ready to be
> installed. See http://neuro.debian.net/vm.html for instructions.

I would probably just enable both jessie and unstable repositories and
in such unfortunate cases would try to "manully" pull sid packages in.

look e.g. at (my first google search hit, looks reasonable):
http://tech.ebuddy.com/2013/10/29/taking-control-over-debian-and-its-package-repositories/
how to enable multiple repos and pin them down... in your case you would
need jessie (you already have) and sid (would need to add).
then you might be able to pull tk8.4 directly from unstable with smth
like

apt-get install -t sid tk8.4

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.