[Neurodebian-users] can not install packages in Jessie

Lorenzo Bandieri lorenzo.bandieri at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 11:20:34 UTC 2014

> hi again - just thought I should update on this
>
> I've confirmed that the problem with installing stuff form neurodebian
> is specific to fsl indeed, am not sure that is due to non-selection of the
> non-free option
> packages  in neurodebian.

Hi David,

let's wait for someone more experienced than me to reply, but looking
at your output it seems to me that fsl-5.0 requires tk8.4, which is
currently not in jessie.

>The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> fsl-5.0-core : Depends: tk8.4 (>= 8.4.7) but it is not installable
>                Depends: tcl8.4 (>= 8.4.7) but it is not installable

https://packages.debian.org/sid/tk8.4
https://packages.debian.org/sid/tcl8.4

In the top right corner, you can see that these packages are just in [
 squeeze  ] [  wheezy  ] [  sid  ].

>From what I could gather from a rapid google search, they have been
removed from jessie because they are old and superseded by newer
versions [1]. I think this situation will eventually be fixed (but
maybe I got it all wrong, so let's wait for Michael or Yaroslav to
correct me in case I'm wrong!).

If you need urgently fsl on your jessie machine, have you considered
setting up a virtual machine with debian stable and the neurodebian
repository enabled? Neurodebian offers virtual machines ready to be
installed. See http://neuro.debian.net/vm.html for instructions.

Hope this helps,

Lorenzo

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=737104
--
"If you think the problem is bad now, just wait until we've solved it."