[Neurodebian-users] fsl-5.0-gpu

Jonathan Berrebi Jonathan.Berrebi at ki.se
Mon Feb 24 16:40:23 UTC 2014

Thank you Alex,

The result of cat /etc/proc/cpuinfo | grep 'model name' is
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz which includes an Intel® HD Graphics 3000. So I don't need the NVIDIA GPU to have graphics on my laptop. However the nvidia-settings program shows that the nvidia gpu is in used.

It was when looking at the FSL mailing list that I found that the GPU should be free from graphical tasks:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=fsl;59dadbb5.1310

>From now on debian/ubuntu I install nvidia drivers only through apt-get. So you are right I don't need to block nouveau. I guess it is done automatically since two files named /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-kernel-common.conf and /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf both include a line "blacklist nouveau" and I don't recall having creating these files.

I think I have made some progress by removing anything that had to do with SGE. I removed all the gridengine-* with apt-get and the SGE_ROOT and SGE_CELL environment variables. Sorry for having that mistake before sending the mail.

Then I got a message "Bad substitution" when bedpostx_gpu entered bedpost_postproc_gpu.sh at line 67:

subjdir=${@:${#@}}

I don't know bash programming so much so I har coded subjdir and it still does not work. But at least I can really hear the fan of my GPU for a short while and the screen freezes as well which are good signs I guess. But the jobs stop

/usr/share/fsl/5.0/bin/bedpostx_postproc_gpu.sh: 71: /usr/share/fsl/5.0/bin/bedpostx_postproc_gpu.
sh: [[: not found

So again it is the bash programming at the beggining of the bedpostx_postproc_gpu.sh that seems to be an issue.

I will look at that tomorrow. Thank you for the help,

Best,

Jonathan