[Neurodebian-users] fsl-5.0-gpu

Alex Waite alexqw85 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 08:50:41 UTC 2014

> I replaced all the #/bin/sh with #/bin/bash in the bedpostx_gpu and bedpostx_postproc_gpu.sh and fsl_sub files. I think it worked now.

Excellent.

> It took 6 hours on a 96 cores GPU instead of one day on Intel Xeon.

That sounds good at least.

> The only warning I get is on the monitor "routine" ${subjdir}.bedpostX/monitor about zeropadding:
>
> <<FP02.bedpostX/monitor: line 21: /bin/zeropad: No such file or directory>>

That's odd... I greped through all of FSL's scripts, and every instance
of zeropad is prepended with $FSLDIR; it should find zeropad. Did you,
by chance, change that line?

> I will check that the results are numerically not different than when they CPU computed.

Always a good idea.

> Once thing though is that I had to stop gdm3 in order to get it to work. I really tried to use the intel HD 3000
 > integrated GPU for the Graphics by changing the settings in the bios.
But then the nvidia-detect routine did not
 > detect the GPU. So I thought it wouldn't work. Then I even installed
bumblebee  and changed the settings in the
 > bios into Optimus but that become more a bumblebee than a fsl/cuda
problem so I gave up. I might retry later.

The laptop could be disabling the nvidia GPU outright if you select the
intel GPU (saving power and all). Optimus may actually be the correct
BIOS setting. You do not want to mess with bumblebee, however, since
that is about switching GPUs on-the-fly, which you have no desire to do
here. You want to use Intel for display and nvidia for computing.

Sounds like things are coming along well for you!

---Alex