[Neurodebian-users] fsl-5.0-gpu

Jonathan Berrebi Jonathan.Berrebi at ki.se
Wed Feb 26 13:14:28 UTC 2014

Hi Alex,

Hopefully it will take less time on a TESLA card since it is the aim to use such one on the server. In that case we don't have any Intel HD/ Optimus issue. I assume anyway that people having NVIDIA cards in their laptop use it more to have 3D acceleration or testing cuda program than to actually use GPU power for computing.

We looked at the dyad2.nii.gz file and it looked globally the same. But the histograms are slightly different and substracting the images is (obvisously) not on the whole image. I guess this is more a question to the FSL mailing list, isn't it?

In the patch I sent earlier today I commented out the line at the origin of the zero padding warning. In the bedpostx_gpu file (and hence in the "monitor" file created by the latter), in the "check" routine, the parameters $FSLDIR and $part are not passed. So the program is looking for /bin/zeropad instead of $FSLDIR/bin/zeropad. Anyway the variable partzp does not seem to be used by "monitor" so I commented it out.

And about Optimus, it seems that nvidia does not develop for linux so the recommended settings for cuda by NVIDIA are the nvidia driver (you see an nvidia screen before login at boot). Then when I run samples from the SDK it runs on GPU without issues on gdm. I can use the mouse, play around with windows. But that works only with the following bios settings ("Discrete Graphics" and not "Integrated Graphics" nor "Optimus"). But maybe is also dependent on the laptop?

I'll probably contact you soon for the other gpu routines in fsl.

Thank you very much,

Jonathan