[Neurodebian-users] AFNI upgrades

Andreas Berger n0642496 at students.meduniwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 9 10:47:51 UTC 2014

hi everyone,

i'm setting up neurodebian for our lab, and i'm wondering whether to install
AFNI from upstream or via apt. as i understand it, upstream provide daily
builds, with no versions marked as 'stable' or otherwise recommended.
previously it was up to the users in our lab to upgrade AFNI, and to not
upgrade it during a project. my question is: how frequently is AFNI updated in
neurodebian? how is the version chosen? do you recommend apt-pinning AFNI for
the duration of a project to avoid inconsistencies? is there some sort of
documented policy where i could look up these questions?

curious to see how others handle this

regards,
andreas