[Neurodebian-users] Developer files for Debian FSL

Dillon Niederhut dillon.niederhut at berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 20 05:44:07 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Thanks for the comments! Sorry for not being more precise. I installed FSL
from the neurodebian repo, and all the normal stuff works fine. The good
folks at FMRIB have sent me some experimental analysis tools that require
setup and compiling. I could not get them to compile using the files and
instructions they sent. The readme essentially says to untar the folder
(which contains a makefile, dependencies, etc), run

$ . setup.sh

, then run

$ make

It seems that my installation is lacking "a compatible devel package",
which has the default make, config, and include files that the setup
scripts were expecting.

I've been told that I have two options:

1. Uninstall neurodebian FSL and try to build the source FSL myself
2. Download the source version of FSL, then customize those config files to
match the neurodebian libraries and executables

My questions would more precisely have been stated as:

1. Does neurodebian already have the FSL devel package? If so, how can I
install it?
2. If not, is there documentation on editing source FSL config files to
work with neurodebian?

I've attached the makefile, in case that will be of any help.

Running:
$ sudo apt-get build-dep fsl
throws this dependency error:
<The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libgd2-noxpm-dev : Depends: libgd2-noxpm (= 2.0.36~rc1~dfsg-6ubuntu2) but
it is not going to be installed
E: Build-dependencies for fsl could not be satisfied.>

Thanks again for your help,
Dillon

Dillon Niederhut
Doctoral Candidate