[Neurodebian-users] Developer files for Debian FSL

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Thu Jun 19 12:51:51 UTC 2014

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:

> On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 10:17 -0700, Dillon Niederhut wrote:

> > Is there a devel package for Debian around somewhere that I missed? If
> > not, would anyone be willing to provide some advice to a Linux novice
> > about the sorts of configuration changes I'll need to make around
> > executables and libraries in the source FSL make and setup files?

> I didn't quite understand your problem, but it seems to me that you are
> trying to build FSL from source, having previously installed it from
> NeuroDebian in form of binary packages. This didn't work, because
> apparently you don't have all the dependencies installed.

> Is this summary correct?

> If yes, then you could use apt-get to automatically install packages
> that are needed to build FSL (this is how NeuroDebian FSL is built):

>     apt-get build-dep fsl

and

apt-get source fsl

to obtain all the sources you could then build using e.g.
dpkg-buildpackage

Note #1, that for those two commands you need to uncomment deb-src lines in
your neurodebian /etc/apt/ file and run apt-get update first.

Note #2, fslview is packaged separately

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org