[Neurodebian-users] Command line issues with FSL

Kiyotaka Nemoto kiyotaka at nemotos.net
Thu Mar 13 07:58:54 UTC 2014

Dear Dillon,

The solution is simple and written in the FSL website.

http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FslInstallation/Linux

*Quick start for Debian/Ubuntu users*

As of fsl 5.0 all you need do is add ". /etc/fsl/5.0/fsl.sh" to the end of
your .profile file. When you next login you should find the fsl programs
are available.

Hope this helps,

Kiyotaka

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have FSL 5.0.6 installed on Ubuntu 12.0.4LTS through the neurodebian
> repository. The GUI works just fine, but when I try to run commands through
> the terminal, I consistently get errors saying the command cannot be found.
> This is true for starting the FSL GUI through the command line, and every
> command for structural imaging. diffusion imaging, and brain extraction.
> The only exception is FSLView, which seems to work just fine from the
> command line.
>
> I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the FSL core, which hasn't helped.
> I've dug around a bit through the google search results for this issue, but
> trying different command names hasn't helped either. I found a few archived
> email exchanges talking about configuring bash files, but I don't know
> enough about unix to know what this is. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks,
> Dillon
>
> Dillon Niederhut
> Doctoral Candidate
> University of California, Berkeley
> Department of Anthropology
> 232 Kroeber Hall
> Berkeley, CA 94720

Kiyotaka Nemoto, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychiatry
Division of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine
University of Tsukuba
1-1-1Tennodai Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8575, Japan
E-mail: kiyotaka at nemotos.net