[Neurodebian-users] shared folder not accessible after restart

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Fri Jun 5 11:47:13 UTC 2015

On Fri, 05 Jun 2015, Franziska Korb wrote:

> Hello all,

> I installed the latest version of NeuroDebian (7.8.0) as a virtual
> machine (using VirtualBox). Following the instruction on the
> website, everything goes well, i.e. accessing the shared folder,
> installing additional software packages etc. However, when I restart
> the virtual machine, the shared folder is not auto-mounted anymore
> and a few other bugs are present, e.g. program files that I copied
> to both /usr/local/bin. As for the shared folder, I get an error
> message that guest addition have to be installed (even though it
> previously worked). When I attempt to do that, I get a kernel error
> message...
> Any ideas what goes wrong at/after the restart of the VM? Any input
> is highly appreciated!

This could help you out
from http://neuro.debian.net/vm.html

- My VM lost mounted host directories, and display auto-resizing after upgrade

NeuroDebian VMs ship without Linux kernel headers pre-installed to minimize distribution/running footprint for one time throw-away usages of the VM. To install headers package(s) just run

sudo apt-get install -y linux-headers-`dpkg –print-architecture`

and reboot VM.

But note that 7.8.0 is not the latest ;)  now we ship 8.0.0 based on Debian jessie.

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org