[Neurodebian-users] Software installation

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Mon May 9 13:31:15 UTC 2016

On Mon, 09 May 2016, Bennet Fauber wrote:

> > I found ansible handy to provide such initial or maintain continuous
> > "uniform" setup across boxes, since you might want to tune some
> > configuration as well, not just install a bunch of packages.

> If you'd be willing to share some more details of your Ansible setup
> with us, that would be extremely helpful, as that is precisely what we

I can share with you privately (since there might be some specifics
which I don't want to share with world-wide-web) the ansible setup I
have on my laptop - may be some privatish info might still be there.
It is nothing major really, but could give some hints.  But under the
promise that later you would share your setup, ideally publicly, for
common benefit.  Deal? ;)

also I found https://github.com/debops/debops  project quite promising.
I am already using their users  role (linked as a git submodule under
roles) for datalad's boxes users management (that repo is not
public at all due to all the ssh keys etc), but I guess you could find
some ansible roles which would help you out even more than my ad-hoc
short setup.

Cheers,
--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko