[Neurodebian-users] Vanderbilt mirror error message

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Mon Jan 16 21:21:27 UTC 2017

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017, Bennet Fauber wrote:

> The Vanderbilt mirror at

>     http://masi.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/neurodebian

> still appears to be down

what are the signs for you -- the same as for me, which is just hanging,
although I can easily visit that page and get the timestamp file (see
below)?

CCing Bennett, who was kind to host that mirror

> , and it does not appear to be marked as
> broken on the status page at

>     http://neuro.debian.netmirrors_status.html?highlight=mirrors

> As of Mon, 16 Jan, 2017, the status page said

>     us-tn USA-TN (Vanderbilt) 5 hours 40 minutes OK

> If I'm the only one who can't get updates from it, I'll stop bothering
> you, but if this is a more general failure, perhaps it should be
> removed as an option and something sent to the ND mailing list
> alerting people to its non-functioning state?

> Sorry for the noise,  -- bennet

hm, regular wget works ok:

$> wget -q -S -O- http://masi.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/neurodebian/.timestamp
  HTTP/1.1 200 OK