[Nut-upsdev] more variables for my UPS

Alfred Ganz alfred-ganz+nut at agci.com
Fri Aug 5 00:19:55 UTC 2005

Gentlemen,

My UPS (APC Back-UPS ES 650 FW:818.w1.D USB FW:w1), does provide the UPS
variables Voltage, ConfigVoltage, RemainingCapacity, and RunTimeToEmpty
both under PowerSummary and Battery. In the current version of apc-hid.h
the PowerSummary version of these variables are assigned to the appropriate
(I hope) nut variables, except for ConfigVoltage, in which case the Battery
version is used. Note BTW that RemainingCapacityLimit is only available
under PowerSummary.

Would it be recommended to add the four other entries to apc-hid.h, and
if so, for which variables should the PowerSummary or the Battery forms
come first (i.e.  which should be preferred)? As fas as I understand the
situation, adding these variables will not provide me with anything new,
but it could potentially provide more information for other APC devices.

Some advice on this would be appreciated. Thanks, AG

   Alfred Ganz					alfred-ganz at agci.com
   AG Consulting, Inc.				(203) 624-9667
   440 Prospect Street # 11
   New Haven, CT 06511