[Nut-upsdev] About CVS usage of tags and branches in NUT (was: CVS branches?)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:42:10 UTC 2005

On 8/16/05, arnaud.quette at mgeups.com <arnaud.quette at mgeups.com> wrote:
> Caution: there are branches and tags (management the same way
> by versioning systems).

hmm, looks like cvsweb doesn't distinguish between them. I've been
spoiled by viewcvs :-)

> The above mentionned 'numeric' are tags. I still wonder if I'll
> continue to use tags: Testing "tags" (ie 2.0.2-pre1) are somewhere
> managed through tarballs (as for stable), and we don't need
> this much for Development... I think I'll so simply remove the
> above mentionned tags not to pollute.

It's useful to know which versions of files went into a given stable
tarball - it helps to know whether a bug was fixed before or after a
release.

But maybe we want an unambiguous prefix for those tags -
"release_X_Y_Z" or something. That will group all the tags together in
the cvsweb dropdown, for one thing.

--
- Charles Lepple