[Nut-upsdev] Re: [Nut-upsuser] Atlantis-Land UPS with Cypress CY7C63723 chip (cypress_m8 driver) support

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 13:43:33 UTC 2005

On 12/9/05, ngpost1 <ngpost1 at etitech.net> wrote:
> Thank to Charles and Arnaud for your replies.
>
> At this point, I am posting (with permission) my mail exchange with
> Lonnie Mendez, along with the lsusb output.
>

>  Basically, as Lonnie put it, the chip works as a HID device (and I can
> confirm on that), so it should be supported under NUT.

Here is Peter Selinger's recipe for getting started with newhidups:

   drivers/newhidups -u root -DD -x generic auto

I can't remember exactly what version (source snapshot) of the code
provides the 'generic HID' support, but it may be worth the time to
get CVS set up. That way, if any changes are needed, you can just
update your working copy, and test them.

CVS instructions are here:

   http://www.networkupstools.org/source.html

--
- Charles Lepple