[Nut-upsdev] Re: [Nut-upsuser] Atlantis-Land UPS with Cypress CY7C63723 chip

ngpost1 ngpost1 at etitech.net
Tue Dec 13 16:25:34 UTC 2005

Hello Peter!

Peter Selinger wrote:
> This is useful information. I don't think the device is currently
> supported, but the information printed above is enough to write a
> subdriver for it. Note that the purpose of the "-x generic" option is
> precisely to produce this output.
[...]

>>    Apparently the UPS is recognized but no communication is
>> occurring. What else? lsmod shows the yealink driver loaded. I
>> attached the lsusb output.
>>    If I ls the /dev directory, there are no ttyUSBxx nodes. Only
>> tty's and ttySxx. I believe there should be a ttyUSBsomething being
>> created, and this should be entered in the ups.conf file.
>>

> No, USB devices are handled through /proc/bus/usb, not /dev/tty*.

  Two questions: first of all, in a situation like mine (HID UPS) and
assuming the UPS is actually supported, what are you supposed to have in
the "port" entry in the ups.conf file? I tried the obvious at first
(ttyS*), then tried /proc/bus/usb/001 (taken from my system) a minute
ago after reading your reply. No joy. "No matching USB/HID UPS found"
message after I "upsdrvctl start".

  Second: this UPS comes with the UPSilon2000 software from Megatec, and
Megatec protocol is supported by NUT (or is it the RS-232 version being
supported?), right?

>>    Any suggestions?
>>

> I don't have time right now to work on a new subdriver, but you can
> look at docs/hid-subdrivers.txt and that should give you an idea on
> how to get started. Once you get something to work, you can post your
> code and results on this list, and if it works well, we'll add it as a
> supported device to NUT.
>
> Thanks for your detective work, -- Peter

Thank you for your reply and explanations. I really want and need to get
this thing to work. I'm a total newbie to USB and NUT, so be patient if
I ask silly questions ;-) .

  --Max