[Nut-upsdev] Fun with TrippLite

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 04:21:58 UTC 2005

On 12/14/05, Jonathan Freedman <jef at pleiades.ca> wrote:
> Hey
>
> I recently picked up a couple SMART1000LCD TrippLite UPS's. These are
> similar to other usb ups's that have been mentioned on the list in the
> past few months. I tried a few patches posted last month and got some
> amount of success. That being said, I am thus far unable to get much love
> from the actual upsd itself. Any pointers in terms of what I may need to
> change or what help I can offer the actual developers is appreciated.

upsd might not give you much lovin' in general, but it sure does churn
out a bunch of error messages if something goes wrong.

You didn't mention your OS details, but you can probably get some idea
of what went wrong by grepping for 'upsd' in /var/log. Other tidbits,
such as when you downloaded the source (and patches), and what you
passed to the configure script, might help pin things down.

Also, it might help to see some of the driver output to be sure that
it is actually starting.

(As a guideline, please keep such diagnostic posts under 20-30 kB, and
gzip files if they're longer than a couple of pages.)

--
- Charles Lepple