[Nut-upsdev] Fun with TrippLite

Jonathan Freedman jef at pleiades.ca
Fri Dec 16 01:25:02 UTC 2005

Well this is cute.

After speaking with Charles a bit last night I ended up with some success.
I made a few modifications to activate the tripplite subdriver and like
magic it worked. Now the system in question hung last night for an
entierly different reason, and now it doesn't work. But sometimes it does
work....

Running upsdrvctl, when it works, is beautiful. Occasionally it will hang
due to newhidups giving a segfault. When I run newhidups with debug level
1 or less, it segfaults. When I run it with 2 or more it's fine...

Thoughts ?

Jonathan Freedman
Vice President
Pleiades Consulting