[Nut-upsdev] (no subject)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 12:39:32 UTC 2005

On 12/28/05, Doug Anderson <daju at disordat.com> wrote:
> I don't have my UPS in front of me, but NUT detects it as:
>    Detected American Power Conversion Back-UPS RS 1000 FW:7.g7 .D USB FW:g7
>
> That UPS didn't work with the 'newhidups' driver (in 2.0.2, anyway).  A
> google search turned up several other people asking about the same
> problem, so it's probably worth a fix, but it's up to you of course.

Hopefully it will work with newhidups in 2.0.3 - I tried it with the
latest CVS version on a RS 800 (I think) and it worked well.

The thing is, we are trying to phase out the 'hidups' driver, so the
more feedback you can give us on how newhidups doesn't work, the
better.

regards,

--
- Charles Lepple