[Nut-upsdev] Non Standard USB HID UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 12:48:16 UTC 2005

On 12/28/05, Pierre-Yves AILLET <pierreyves.aillet at free.fr> wrote:
> The libhid.c and libhid.h files in the Nut CVS are completely different from the
> original libhid svn files. Then what would be the correct way to use libhid from
> the libhid project for my non-standard UPS ? (inclusion in NUT or package
> dependancy)

Arnaud would probably be in a better position to answer this, but I
believe he will be on vacation for another week.

> Using libhid matcher to identify and claim the device interface avoid the need
> of defining the port on the command line or in the config file, but defining
> the port seems mandatory in the main.c file. Have I missed something ? Is there
> a mean to get round this ?

The current workaround is to use a dummy port name like 'auto'. I
recall hearing about a change to newhidups (or maybe NUT core, I don't
remember) which lifted some of the lockfile restrictions when the port
name does not correspond to a physical port.

--
- Charles Lepple