[Nut-upsdev] OPTI-UPS PS (PowerSeries)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 13:26:58 UTC 2005

On 11/4/05, Niki Denev <niki at totalterror.net> wrote:

> P.S.: These units have 8 outlets each, split into 3 groups that
> can be separately controlled(on/off), i wonder how exactly
> to implement this, as as it seems none of the drivers use this functionality.

Check out docs/new-names.txt, under the section titled "output: Smart
outlet management (smart on/off switch, ...)". That describes how to
present the outlets in the driver.

MGE UPSes have this feature ("PowerShare", maybe?) and I am fairly
certain it is implemented in one of mge-shut, mge-utalk or newhidups.

As for the battery value, you could expose it as debug.battery.voltage
or whatever your best guess is, and run upslog while draining the
battery to see how it changes over time.

--
- Charles Lepple