[Nut-upsdev] telling apart USB devices

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 11:15:53 UTC 2005

2005/11/9, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>:

> Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
> Yes indeed. My mistake. I did "make clean" and "make" and "make usb"
> and "make install", but I forgot the #$% "make install-usb".
>
> This gets me every time. As USB devices are now definitely becoming
> more and more common, perhaps the build system can be changed to build and
> install USB drivers by default?

that's also what I'm thinking. This conclusion partly comes from the NPS
thought. There is not much to change, but to include the call to "make *usb"
in the standard rules...

We just need:
- to ensure that usb won't be tried to be build on system that do not
support USB (the current configure checks should be good)
- to add a "disable-usb" configure flag for people that don't want it

I'll take care of this when I got time.

Sorry for the false bug report. -- Peter

nop