[Nut-upsdev] bcmxcp_usb / kernel 2.4.32-rc2

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 20:01:46 UTC 2005

On 11/10/05, Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at telia.com> wrote:

> I'm not an expert on usb, but i have been (is) involved in a driver
> for a webcam, and have read the usb papers.

but it's probably not low speed, correct?

> The endpoints used from the device can not be switched between bulk
> and interrupt. If you have an interrupt endpoint that is used for
> data transmission you have to handle it as an interrupt endpoint.

I understand. However, the methods for submitting bulk and interrupt
transfers to the host controller are similar to each other, so it is
possible to set up a "bulk" transfer to a *low-speed* interrupt
endpoint. I know you can't do that for full- or high-speed endpoints,
since there are additional bits to distinguish between bulk and
interrupt at those speeds.

--
- Charles Lepple