[Nut-upsdev] Re: [resend] Re: [resend] [patch] driver for Eltek AL175 alarm module

Kirill Smelkov kirr at mns.spb.ru
Sun Oct 9 11:27:11 UTC 2005

Hi Arnaud,

9 Октябрь 2005 01:42, Arnaud Quette написал:
> sorry for the long delay in answering...
Don't mind it,
Although I started to think i did something wrong/stupid.

> I've merged, in the CVS development tree, a modified version of your
> driver. What I've done:
> - created al175.h for consistency
> - disabled (not removed) non conformant vars and status
> - remove the "goto".
> - modified man/Makefile.in
Thanks.

[...]
> - DEBUG should be removed: have a look at mge-shut.c/dump_hex()
> More generally, have a look at upslogx and upsdebugx possibilities.
> These allows runtime tracing, for logging (into syslog and alike) or
> debugging, without the need to recompile.
agree. I reworked debugging code a bit to be triggered at runtime.

> - indent: http://eu1.networkupstools.org/doc/2.0.1/developers.html
> Use tab please!
Oops, i did it again? sorry.

> - alarm_handler()!
Hmm, what is wrong with it?

> > Please, correct the above, and discuss on upsdev the variables problem...
> > As to new variables:
> > Is it possible to comment or not include at all code that sets them?
>
> that's what I've done. So you still have these for further use
ok

> I hope I've not forgotten anything, but I don't make promise ;-)
It seems you actually forgot to check whether al175 compiles :)

I've made some corrections:

1. fix wrong commenting in RECV --> al175 compiles now
2. new status: HB = High Battery
3. al175 is in driver.list
4. rework debugging code to be allow user to trigger it at runtime
5. everything you marked as /* must be adapted! */
    is adapted now.

--
	Всего хорошего, Кирилл.