[Nut-upsdev] Re: [resend] Re: [resend] [patch] driver for Eltek AL175 alarm module

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 21:42:23 UTC 2005

Hi Kirill,

sorry for the long delay in answering...

I've merged, in the CVS development tree, a modified version of your driver.
What I've done:
- created al175.h for consistency
- disabled (not removed) non conformant vars and status
- remove the "goto".
- modified man/Makefile.in

Please test it, and ack back.
some more info below...

2005/9/28, Kirill Smelkov <kirr at mns.spb.ru>:

> Hello up there!
>
> This is my 2nd try.
> Please ACK or NAK this.
>
> --- on 21-SEP-2005 I wrote ---
> Hi Arnaud,
> Thank you for your reply!

> * you should use the internal xmalloc() function
> done. do you have any objections againts raw_alloca?

none, just advices ;-)

> > More generally, please read the following to ensure you comply with NUT
> > standard for coding, variables names, ... :
> > http://eu1.networkupstools.org/doc/2.0.1/developers.html
> > http://eu1.networkupstools.org/doc/2.0.1/new-drivers.html
> > http://eu1.networkupstools.org/doc/2.0.1/new-names.html
> Ugh...
> I changed some things, like sprintf -> snprintf, exit -> fatal, etc...
> Is it ok now?

yes, fine thanks.
there are still things left, like:
- DEBUG should be removed: have a look at mge-shut.c/dump_hex()
More generally, have a look at upslogx and upsdebugx possibilities.
These allows runtime tracing, for logging (into syslog and alike) or
debugging, without the need to recompile.
- indent: http://eu1.networkupstools.org/doc/2.0.1/developers.html
Use tab please!
- alarm_handler()!

> Please, correct the above, and discuss on upsdev the variables problem...
> As to new variables:
> Is it possible to comment or not include at all code that sets them?

that's what I've done. So you still have these for further use

I hope I've not forgotten anything, but I don't make promise ;-)
Thanks again,
Debian Developer -
http://people.debian.org/~aquette/<http://people.debian.org/%7Eaquette/>