[Nut-upsdev] Re: About blazer, powermust and mustek

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 11:16:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

Following the previous mails, I've:
- removed Martin from the list,
- added Michel for his fentonups knowledges. Michel, your help would be
welcomed ;-)

2005/10/10, Carlos Rodrigues <carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt>:

> Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
> > Anyhow, I would more see this as a merge of all these drivers, with
> > some autodetection or flag/param to switch the mfr/model and maybe
> > capabilities... Whatever the driver name is, a good thing would be the
> > name of the protocol or something generic enough, though powermust is
> > fine.
>
> Ok, I made some minor changes to powermust, to make it less "mustek" and
> more "megatec protocol", which can be seen in the attached patch.

uhm, megatec you say! You should also have a look at fentonups.
I remember that it's stated to be a Megatec protocol driver (look at
driver.list too)...

If this is ok, I can rebuild the patch with the other changes necessary
> for this (rename powermust and change the docs and manpage).

maybe megatec would be a good name!
considering my above remark, things might be huger than I (we) have thought
at first...

I like the starting of your patch (more generic...), although the unknown
values in mfr/model aren't the best. Some switch (ie
-mode={mustek,blazer,fenton} should be fine to handle this.

Anyway, we'll postpon things until the situation gets more clear.
Can you please have a look at all these Carlos and Michel?

thanks,
Debian Developer -
http://people.debian.org/~aquette/<http://people.debian.org/%7Eaquette/>