[Nut-upsdev] Preparing the 2.0.3-pre2 release

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at telia.com
Mon Oct 10 15:55:37 UTC 2005

Hi

Sorry and again sorry. I made the comment in a local CHANGES file but in
some mysterious way i forgot to commit it to cvs. (fixed)

The status of the driver is that the serial code is the same and is
working on my 5115. Tore report it working on 9120. So for the
serial side it's the same as previous driver in the Testing tree.
The different is that the code is split due to the fact that the
usb driver is using the same base code.

For the usb side. I purchased a PW3105 for personal use, and it has
been running for a week on the usb driver. No errors.
Actually saved my work on Saturday, when a fuse was blown due to
a faulty light-bulb.

So for the usb driver. It's in the state of the serial driver when
it entered 2.0.2, so in my point of view i don't se any problems.

If we don't get it out (most people don't use cvs (or svn)) we can not
get the necessary feedback to improve the driver.

The 3110 is supported by the generic driver (contact closure) on the
9Pin Dsub. And it has only ability to report OL OB and LB so there are
no improvement to run it on USB. (except for the those that lack the
serial port on the computer) And it's out of production.

The 5115 problem may due to the fact that the UPS is running in
unrequested mode. This may be set to requested mode only in the start-up
,like done in the serial driver. (Can you have a check Wolfgang.)

But you are the boss Arnaud, so i revert the changes if I was to quick
to act on Charles suggestion.

Regards
Kjell