[Nut-upsdev] CyberPower 685AVR and newhidups

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 06:27:07 UTC 2005

Hi Scott,

Scott Alfter wrote:
> I had a UPS go bad recently (shuts off all by itself for no good reason,
>AFAICT), so I bought a CyberPower 685AVR this afternoon. The two CyberPower
>drivers in NUT 2.0.2 don't know how to talk to it, but the hidups driver
>appears to work properly. This means you have to use USB instead of RS-232
(it
>supports both), but at least it works.
>
>The 800AVR is a related model (higher power-output capability), and I'd
guess
>that it would also work.

try using newhidups if possible as it will replace hidups.
the best is to retrieve the development cvs, call newhidups
in debug level 2 (ie "newhidups -DDDDD auto") and send back
the tree dumped to add support for these models. You'll have to
make a small bit of work yourself, but it's quite easy and you won't
regret it ;-)

According to your results, I'll update the compatibility info...

Arnaud Quette