[Nut-upsdev] Cyberpower CP550SL/AE550 Serial

George McCollister georgem at novatech-llc.com
Wed Oct 19 13:30:03 UTC 2005

Is anyone working on anything to support the Cyberpower CP550SL/AE550
Serial? Any idea if it uses the same or similar protocol as the other
Cyberpower models?

I have an HP 4952A Serial Protocol Analyzer and a Cyberpower CP550SL.
Once I get the CP550SL up and working in Windows over RS232 I'll hook up
the 4952A and see whats going on. I'm not sure what it uses for default
baud rate. The 4952A is limited to 38400.

Is anyone interested in any information I might gather from it?
Suggestions as to which if any driver I should start from would be
appriciated. Ideally I'd like to add support to the cyberpower driver as
patch if its at all similar to that protocol.

This is rather lower end UPS, but for 57 USD at Best Buy it looks
suitable for someone on a tight budget just wanting protection from
short power glitches and something that will give a small server enough
time to shutdown gracefully after emailing an SOS.

Regards,
George McCollister

received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.