[Nut-upsdev] Re: About blazer, powermust and mustek

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 23:46:09 UTC 2005

On 10/22/05, Carlos Rodrigues <carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt> wrote:
> Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
> > maybe megatec would be a good name!
> > considering my above remark, things might be huger than I (we) have
> > thought at first...
> >
> > I like the starting of your patch (more generic...), although the
> > unknown values in mfr/model aren't the best. Some switch (ie
> > -mode={mustek,blazer,fenton} should be fine to handle this.
>
> The attached patch transforms "powermust" into "megatec", including
> entries in drivers.list and manpages. It also generifies the driver.

You might want to add an entry to the CHANGES file.

Also, is there a way to ease the upgrade for existing powermust users?
If someone upgrades nut RPMs automatically, and their driver
disappears, they probably won't be happy. (The top ten results of
Googling for "newhidups" yields one such story for that driver:
http://weblog.erenkrantz.com/weblog/2005/10/17#breezy-nut )

Symbolic links to the old driver names, maybe?

--
- Charles Lepple