[Nut-upsdev] Re: About blazer, powermust and mustek

Carlos Rodrigues cefrodrigues at mail.telepac.pt
Sun Oct 23 00:24:18 UTC 2005

On 10/23/05, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> You might want to add an entry to the CHANGES file.

I was under the impression that the responsible for modifying the
CHANGES file was the person who commits the patches. But any way, I
attached a patch to change it below.

> Also, is there a way to ease the upgrade for existing powermust users?
> If someone upgrades nut RPMs automatically, and their driver
> disappears, they probably won't be happy. (The top ten results of
> Googling for "newhidups" yields one such story for that driver:
> http://weblog.erenkrantz.com/weblog/2005/10/17#breezy-nut )
>
> Symbolic links to the old driver names, maybe?

Well, I'm changing this stuff using the development branch. I don't
think something like this belongs in a stable branch (it provides no
extra functionality, nor fixes any bugs). So, I don't think forcing
users to change one line in a configuration file when upgrading to a
new stable series is that much of a big deal.

But anyway, a symlink seems like a nice way to provide compatibility,
but also poses the question of how many releases to keep it around.

Carlos Rodrigues