[Nut-upsdev] Re: About blazer, powermust and mustek

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 12:22:54 UTC 2005

2005/10/23, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>:

> I am a great fan of backwards compatibility. Especially if you batch
> update a lot of packages, it is a pain to have to track down
> documentation for unexplained broken behaviors.
>
> I think we should do the same when we rename the "newhidups" driver.

so do I.

The driver name change is a long standing point, and more and more annoying
me in my Debs. And we'll once again reach a high level of driver names
change with 2.2, that point is sure!

I'm currently more inclined at making some helper script that will replace
the driver name in your conf (obviously making a backup of the orig files).
This one would be called by the user at source install time, or by the
package (preferably after having informed the user).
The symlink and the stub doesn't solve the problem, but only annoy the user
(if this one sees the message!). So let's go directly to a solution...

Any perl (or other well supported scripting) monger out there to take over
that one?