[Nut-upsdev] Best driver for MGE Pulsar Evolution 1100

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Wed Oct 26 14:19:35 UTC 2005

I have an MGE Pulsar Evolution 1100 connected to a Debian box, with
nut-2.0.1 (the standard "sarge" packages). I have it connected through
USB, and I'm using newhidups.

However, about once a day the driver looses contact with the UPS and I
have to restart NUT to get it to drop the "data stale" nonsense (it
happens more often than this, but most times it recovers without user
intervention).

Since this model is supported by mge-utalk, mge-shut and newhidups,
I'm wondering which is the best one to use with this particular model
(I remember having it connected to another box, using nut 1.4.1 and
mge-utalk, and something like this used to happen too, with the
difference that most of the data stopped appearing in the "upsc
ups at localhost" listing, but it could still see the power status -
on-battery, etc.).

--
Carlos Rodrigues