[Nut-upsdev] Liebert PSI 1440 support

Stewart Morgan stewart at nameless-uk.com
Thu Sep 22 16:56:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

	I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to interact with the above UPS using
its USB/HID interface and have come to the conclusion that it's not
going to be as "easy" as I'd first thought :(

	My attempts have all been on FreeBSD-5 (kernel as of today) using NUT
v2.0.2 and fiddling with newhidups -- I tried the simple approach of
adding the IDs and "seeing what happens".  Once I'd unloaded the uhid
(FreeBSD) device-driver and figured out the device permissions, I got
libusb talking to the device.  However, it's unable to extract the
manufacturer/product/serial, so something's not right.

	Having read some more of the archives, I've noted you've cleaned up the
driver a fair bit in CVS (which I've not tried, yet) and would like to
help/be helped in adding support for my UPS.  So, what next?

Stewart,