[Nut-upsdev] Re: Common Power Management : NUT and HAL (stage 1)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 20:17:39 UTC 2006

hi there,

quickly passing by, before going on a 2 weeks holiday, away from the
net... Just to tell that there are several ongoing devs in NUT (new
conf, NUT Packaging Standard, HAL prev devs, size optimisation,
drivers merging, ...) that will answer to your questions, and that
I'll develop a complete answer when I'm back.

meanwhile, you should give a try to the HAL branch I've mentioned
before. And also read the following doc:
http://eu1.networkupstools.org/doc/2.0.1/shutdown.html
Especially look at the last steps (7 to 11) of the "Shutdown design"
section as it's the main difference with the current ACPI mechanism.

see you,