[Nut-upsdev] Re: Serial Ports (Was Re: Common Power Management : NUT and HAL (stage 1))

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 12:23:02 UTC 2006

*sigh*

please see this program I am in the midst of creating, it's main aim is to
provide a method of user selection, and data repository for interchangeable
information (i.e. things are stored on the Internet and downloaded when
required)

http://www.postmaster.co.uk/fs/doctormo/Public/do.tar.bz2
[to_run:]$ ./do.py

It would be fairly easy to provide support for your serial interfaces, or
parallel interfaces allowing user selections to create the required fdi
files (these should be specific to port rather than just a generic 'serial'
definition) although most of the support so far has gone into automatically
detected devices so some more work will need to be done of hardware
selection.

I anticipate that even with auto detected devices the user may have to
choose a model (mostly they won't) so having multiple models for hardware is
expected. with the prospect of the information being available online too
this should make adding new hardware definitions and making them available
to everyone very easy.

(I know I'm not defining myself very well here, bare with me)

Best Regards, Martin Owens