[Nut-upsdev] megatec and some changes to cmdvartab and new-names.txt

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 10:31:13 CET 2006

fellows,

as told previously, the transition to megatec has already been
addressed since megatec is present in 2.0, and the old drivers are
said to be removed for some time.

So simply removing the old drivers from the trunk, and mentioning the
replacement in the NEWS file is enough for 2.2. Maybe adding a list in
the FAQ of "this driver is replaced by this one" would be a good thing
(I thought there was already one... seems not).

For 2.0.5, we still keep the old drivers, but the drivers.list should
mention megatec first. The banner thing is void since most init script
will redirect the output to /dev/null/. Moreover, there is something
underway for making nut less verbose by default, and only complain
about problem.

As for the symlink, that won't work since there is a control on the driver name.

the beeper.toggle command is also fine.