[Nut-upsdev] IMPORTANT: post 2.0.3 planning

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:16:15 UTC 2006

Hi fellows,

As you've seen, 2.0.3 has finally find its way out.

Time has now come to get back on some tasks left aside.

- The first one will be the switch to the Subversion RCS.
Thanks to Charles' work, things should be quite easy and quick on the
migration side.
But I know this will imply some work on every developer's side to find
equivalent tools and get fluent with this new system. I'm thus sure there
will be a bit of lag on the development front.
Once we are sync'ed with Charles, we will announce a repository freeze
(read, NO MORE COMMITs).
Then, we'll migrate the repository and once the migration is done, Charles
and I will post a mail with some more information.

[The two below tasks are the main aims of the 2.2 release]

- The second one is the NPS - NUT Packaging Standard, for which I will soon
send an announcement.
Some packagers have already joined us, and I wish to thank them.
Now time has come to switch to the next gear. For more information, have a
look at:
https://alioth.debian.org/pm/task.php?group_project_id=41&group_id=30602&func=browse

- The third, and last one, is composed of two sub-projects which are linked
together:
the NUT Documentation and the Website rewrite. For more information, have a
look at:
https://alioth.debian.org/pm/task.php?group_project_id=65&group_id=30602&func=browse
https://alioth.debian.org/pm/task.php?group_project_id=40&group_id=30602&func=browse

Finally, I will take the occasion to thank and congratulate the whole NUT
Team, that is to say the developers, but also the packagers and
contributors.
So many good things have happened in a short time, and without having the
infrastructure we need!
I really feel 2006 will be a great year for the NUT, and that is thanks to
you.
I wish that NUT becomes a good example of how free developers, users,
manufacturers and systems distributors can work together to deliver the best
of opensource.